Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Midway / Victory Lane Coordinator
Seasonal Part Time
Organizes and implements midway event activities at Lucas Oil Speedway. Positively represents the Speedway through general customer relations. Focuses on midway interaction and vendor participation at all events at Lucas Oil Speedway.
Goals and Objectives:
Responsible for providing customer service to vendors and sponsors. This position will work with all members of the Lucas Oil Speedway Office Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets a good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene.
- Develops and coordinates midway vendor activities while overseeing overall progress
- Sets up, monitors and coordinates Midway vendors, guests and attractions
- Sets up LORTV and PTH booths.
- Provides, plans and monitors race-day sponsor pace truck ride events, and special guest flagmen
- Handles victory lane activities on race-days such as trophies, hats, product, etc.
- Sets up and takes down speedway sponsor flags on midway and back stretch grandstands
- Takes down American Flag after race-day event
- Maintains interaction and relationship with corporate and race-day sponsors and guests
- Interacts with other departments to achieve overall objectives of the Speedway
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Cleans and details pace truck and other display items for race-day events
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks
- Professional presentation and conduct
- Customer Service and
- Good communication skills
- Written and verbal skills
- Self-motivation and initiation
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily.
AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO EMPLOYMENT, applicants will be asked to consent to a thorough background check, which will include a review of sex offender, child abuse and other criminal history records. Derogatory information discovered during this background check will disqualify the applicant from employment consideration.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2020 season begins April 4 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 28.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.